This is the first introductory text to accurately portray the world's most widely practiced martial art, Taekwondo, in its entirety. Inclusive of virtually all Taekwondo styles, including Olympic-Style, this unprecedented work integrates traditional and modern approaches, sport and self-defense, in a single concise text. Clearly written and expertly designed and photographed by the author of the landmark 896-page Taekwondo: Traditions, Philosophy, Technique, this unique book is essential reading for anyone seeking a succinct, unbiased, and accurate overview of Taekwondo's history, philosophy, and techniques.
* Over 530 high-quality photographs and 62 illustrations
* Comprehensive chapters on history and philosophy
* Over 150 techniques, spanning basic skills, sport, and self-defense
* Concise overviews of Olympic-Style sparring and solo forms
* Precise anatomical drawings of 80 common vital targets
* Basic material to guide novices during their initial training
* Essential reading for anyone seeking a concise overview of Taekwondo
Marc Tedeschi in an internationally respected artist, designer, educator, and martial arts master, who has practised martial arts for more than twenty-five years, training extensively in Hapkido, Taekwondo, Jujutsu, Judo and Karate. He is the author of ten works widely regognised for their superb design, outstanding imagery, and clarity of content, including the landmark Taekwondo: Traditions, Philosophy, Technique: Essential Anatomy for Healing and Martial Arts; the 1136 page Hapkido: Traditions, Philosophy, Technique; and a unique series of books that outline the core concepts and techniques shared by a broad range of martial arts.